February 22, 2014

Shopping Online Part I

Shopping Online

Part I: Ebay

Listen, to properly buy clothes I highly recommend going into the stores and trying on the clothes. This is probably the best way to buy almost anything. You can literally see what you're getting. However there are time where a great online deal cannot be passed up, especially on Ebay. I swear it's like this site has more clothes deals and steals than any other place.

Know Your Body

If you haven't, I suggest going into a store and getting measured. Get measured, weighed, all that jazz then write it down or remember it. So knowing your jacket size cuts down on a lot of searching and trying on jackets. This idea applies to all other items of clothing. Also if you know what size you wear, even if it doesn't fit exactly right, you can always get it tailored. A poorly fitted jacket will cost more to tailor.




Know How Ebay Functions

Remember, this is key, people who post on Ebay are probably more lazy than companies. This means they wont always specify whether or not the shirt is 16 1/2 neck size. Another reason why it's important to know your body. Avoid searching S/M/L/XL because these shirts will probably not fit you the way you're intending. Putting the size of shirt you wear will probably leave out a lot of deals you may want to take advantage on.

Know Your Brand

I highly suggest you find a handful of brands that you like. Off brand, name brand, raisin brand, I don't care. Whatever works for you not someone else because you're the one spending the doe and wearing the clothes.

So think about everything you know about which brands are good and bad, then forget all of it. Forget everything you think you know and start from scratch. For example, you see that nice Polo brand suit separate that by chance is in your size and marked down to $75 on Ebay? While we all know polo as a great durable brand for shirts and other items, in my experience Polo is a sub-par quality for suits. Now this is just my opinion and in no way a fact, but you're here for my advice so there it is. Although if you do see a jacket you want and would like to know more about the brand, feel free to ask me and I will put my knowledge to work for you.


Conclusion

I do recommend looking through my tips so you don't buy something that is completely wrong and have to pay to ship it back or worse pay a tailor to do an overhaul. Shop the brands you know and trust. It's worth it to sift through sizes instead of brands. You never have to worry about the quality or the way it fits. You also avoid missing deals from lazy posters. Don't forget to know all of your measurements before shopping. Neck size, sleeve length, chest/jacket size, waist and inside hem, and shoe sizes WITH dress socks not thick casual socks. You'd be surprised of the difference.

Thanks for reading guys, happy hunting and don't forget to subscribe for more tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment